EXFO Optical Explorer (OFM)
The first optical fiber multimeter (OFM): instant link verification with embedded fault tracking. Verify optical links in seconds and automatically explore further when potential issues are suspected. Accelerate fiber rollouts, simplify activation procedures and improve robustness of repairs for better QoS and MTTR.
- Display fiber link KPIs in under 3 seconds
- On-the-spot detection and location of common causes of failures
- Built-in light source and power checker
- Standalone go/no-go tester for day-to-day installation/repairs
- Verification and troubleshooting of any singlemode fiber link up to 40 km
- FTTx service activation: GPON, EPON, XGS-PON, 10GE EPON
- FTTx last mile installation and repair, including in-service testing
- Last mile/access network installation and repair
- MDU installation
- Fiber health check-up
- Power level testing
- Insertion loss and ORL testing
- Fiber break location
- Fault identification and location
- (1) Soft Pouch
- (1) Power Adapter
- (1) Battery
- (1) Wrist Strap
- (1) Click-Out Optical Connector (PRO Models Only)
|Manufacturer's Part Number||OX1-XX-XX-XX-XX|
Keeping up with the accelerating pace of fiber deployments calls for major transformation in the way testing is approached. Optical Explorer has been designed from the ground up to tackle the challenges ahead and simplify testing. Optical Explorer allows streamlined procedures that reduce delays and escalation costs on the field while freeing up expert technicians to focus on more relevant tasks.
Optical Explorer is the industry’s first optical fiber multimeter (OFM), a new purpose-built category of tools empowering frontline techs to effectively carry out installation, activation and repair operations. Optical Explorer speeds up link health verification with embedded fault tracking—all in one single-ended test that’s quick and easy.
To cope with the increasing volume of fiber being rolled out, Optical Explorer was designed to meet the needs of large crews of frontline technicians:
- Highly intuitive and easy to use for any technician regardless of experience in fiber optics or other technologies (such as copper or DSL).
- Designed to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) throughout the product life cycle by cutting all hidden costs.
Optical Explorer goes beyond the basic testing capabilities of power meters and fault locators. It offers a brand new testing approach powered by multiple patents pending. Optical Explorer determines overall link quality and tracks potential faults. This helps to boost work efficiency and quality for frontline techs. Unlike conventional instruments, Optical Explorer won’t leave field technicians blind to faults. Instead, Optical Explorer introduces new capabilities that break boundaries and redefine the role of field technicians. Each technician gets more autonomy to solve issues, thanks to a leaner troubleshooting process that doesn’t require several technicians with various skills. Optical Explorer allows a fundamental shift in work organization—a new and better way to keep pace with the high volume of deployments and maintenance activities ahead.
|EXFO Optical Explorer||1.9 MB||Download|