AFL DFS1 Digital FiberScope
The DFS1 is available in three different kits, which provide PC/UPC adapters, APC adapters, or no adapters. Each kit includes: DFS1 Digital FiberScope, 6-compartment adapter tips storage box, FiberScope software update for M series OTDRs, quick reference guide and soft carry case.
- Ergonomic, hand-held design
- Single-handed operation
- 400x magnification
- Fast, easy focus and display capture
- Video output via USB port to M- and C-series or user PC
- Powered from USB; no batteries required
- Extensive assortment of interchangeable connector & bulkhead adapter tips
- Adapter tips easily changed; no tools required
- Use with AFL SimpleView software to inspect connectors using a laptop/PC
- Ideal for telco, broadband and enterprise applications
- Optical connector and bulkhead adapter inspection
- Display and analyze fiber end-face quality on C- and M-series
- Inspect end-faces for damage or contamination impairing optical transmission
- Generate installation inspection records, associating captured digital photo with fiber ID
|Manufacturer's Part Number||DFS1|
The DFS1 Digital FiberScope supports magnified video inspection of optical fiber connector end-faces during fiber optic cable and connector installation and maintenance. The ergonomically designed hand-held unit illuminates fiber end-faces and delivers magnified images via USB port to AFL’s M-series OTDRs, C-series OTDRs and Certification Testers. FiberScope software displays, labels and stores captured images as part of connector installation and/or maintenance records.
A large adjustment knob permits easy focusing using real-time view. Once focused, a conveniently located trigger button signals the attached display device to capture the image for analysis and archiving. The scope’s ergonomic shape and control locations support comfortable, single-handed operation.
The DFS1 is powered through the USB port, eliminating the need for an additional battery or AC power supplies. Electronic video inspection eliminates all danger of eye damage from active (lit) fibers carrying either visible or infrared wavelengths.
An extensive assortment of adapters supports inspection of a wide range of optical jumper cable connector ferrules and bulkhead adapters. Bulkhead adapter tips are available in multiple lengths as well as 60° angle. Connector adapters are available for PC, UPC or APC polished ferrules in 1.25 mm, 2.5 mm and other diameters. The DFS1 is available in three different kits which provide either PC/UPC adapters, APC adapters or no adapters.
AFL SimpleView™ Fiber Inspection Software is an application, which permits the DFS1 Digital FiberScope to be used with Windows® XP or Windows® 7 computers. AFL SimpleView software displays a live, high-resolution video image of the endface of an optical fiber on the PC’s display.