AFL FUSEConnect® Splice-On Connectors
- Field installable
- No adhesives, crimping or polishing
- True APC performance
- Compatible with most fusion splicers
- Connectorization in RF-overlay FTTP networks
- Connectorization in cable TV backbone networks
- Connectorization in outside plant
- Connectorization in FTTDesk
- Connectorization in MDU FTTP cabling
- Data center installation
- Central office connector replacement
|Manufacturer's Part Number||FUSE-XXXMXX-X|
The FUSEConnect fusion-spliced, field-installable connectors are uniquely designed and feature only four to five components. The factory pre-polished ferrule eliminates the need for polishing, adhesives, and crimping in the field, which minimizes the potential for operator error and expensive connector scrap.
FUSEConnect connectors utilize a fusion splicer to terminate the connector in the field, addressing return loss concerns present in analog optical networks. This advanced process yields true APC performance for SC/APC and LC/APC configurations. FUSEConnect is compatible with Fujikura fusion splicers and most other fiber holder-based fusion splicing platforms.